It's only trained Wikipedia veterans who believe that. Most people have no idea what the square brackets mean. Davidy²²[talk] 01:45, 17 April 2013 (UTC)
-  Promethean (talk) 02:17, 24 April 2013 (UTC)
- [Dubious:Discuss] 184.108.40.206 17:23, 13 October 2013 (UTC)
- This just in. Wikipedia veterans are gullible idiots.
- I knew it all along. Cflare (talk) 21:47, 18 August 2014 (UTC)
On the other hand, What if? has conditioned the readers to assume that anything with a [Citation Needed] sign next to it is an obvious fact and doesn't need a citation. Caeleste Alarum (talk)
- vice versa, the Wikipedia geeks all get a heart attack when reading What if? (or Explain Xkcd) for the first time. Dontknow (talk) 04:19, 13 April 2017 (UTC)