1907: Immune System
Title text: It also helps with negotiation. "Look, if it were up to me, *I'd* accept your offer, but my swarm of autonomous killer cells literally can't be reasoned with. It's out of my hands!"
| This explanation may be incomplete or incorrect: Created by a BOT - Please change this comment when editing this page. Do NOT delete this tag too soon.|
If you can address this issue, please edit the page! Thanks.
In this comic, Ponytail is delivering an informative report to a group of listeners, likely important managers of some large company. She begins her lecture by stating she is the host of a microscopic autonomous swarm that will do anything to protect her. She is referring to the immune system, which could technically be defined as a "microscopic autonomous swarm" that will do anything to protect her -- i.e destroy pathogens such as viruses and bacteria, both of which cause multitudinous diseases in humans. Like many of the systems of the body, the immune system cannot be controlled by conscious thought, and should not be taken as unordinary.
The caption below reveals the method behind her madness. Randall claims that beginning any business presentation with a surreal description of one's own immune system is guaranteed to strengthen your case. Whether or not this is actually the case is irrelevant, the point of the comic is about "how cool the immune system is", and explains its coolness through an unconventional description of how the process works.
The title text elaborates further on this, stating that similar arguments can be used in negotiation. It is correct that your immune cells cannot be reasoned with, but there is no reason that should have any effect on the negotiations, as your brain is an independent organ unaffected by the actions of your immune system (at least, it should be).
|This transcript is incomplete. Please help editing it! Thanks.|
- [Ponytail is standing in front of a boardroom, holding a stick up to the board. Cueball, Megan and Hairbun are in the audience, sitting at a long table; an extra, unoccupied chair is in the front.]
- Ponytail: My body hosts an autonomous microscopic defensive swarm that will do anything to protect me.
- Ponytail: I have no ability to restrain it and I don't know my own power.
- Ponytail: So listen up.
- Ponytail: Sales grew by 4% this quarter...
- [Caption below the panel:]
- Business protip: You can strengthen any presentation by opening with a reminder about how cool immune systems are.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!