Title text: 'How about a little ... *family growth*?' 'Dude, that's not until round two.'
| This explanation may be incomplete or incorrect: |
Please include the reason why this explanation is incomplete, like this:
If you can address this issue, please edit the page! Thanks.
This comic is a take on the common plots of pornographic movies. Hot sausage is a euphemism for penis, the motif of a plumber is also common in porn, and French maids appear often as well. As in most xkcd comics, the plot is subverted and the characters end up playing Agricola (board game). In the game the objective is to build a stable family farm, contrasting with the apparently dysfunctional family in the comic.
The title text references "family growth", which could be interpreted as a cheesy euphemism for sex (in the porn-movie-plot context) or as a game mechanic for gaining another worker (in the Agricola-game context). The "not until round two" conclusion is a better fit for the latter interpretation.
- [Pizza guy enters through door; maid is dusting.]
- Pizza Guy: Pizza delivery! Did someone order a hot sausag--
- Maid: Mon dieu! Monsieur is home early--
- Both: Wait, who are you?
- Pizza guy: Wait, this is the Jones', right? Their daughter was supposed to be having a party!
- Maid: No, I thought Mr. Jones was coming home early.
- [Pizza guy is off-panel left as plumber enters from the right.]
- Pizza guy: But I thought--
- Plumber: Howdy, Mrs. Jones. I hear you need some plumbi--
- Plumber: Who are you?i
- [The pizza guy looks in a cabinet; the others are off-panel right.]
- Maid: Sorry, big mixup.
- Pizza guy: Hey, check out out--the Joneses have Agricola!
- Plumber: I love that game!
- [Mr. Jones and Miss Jones arrive home. Pizza guy, maid, and plumber are sitting on the floor playing Agricola.]
- Mr. Jones: What in the name of ...
- Pizza guy: Dammit, I wanted that grain.
- Maid: Hush, you have starting player.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!