Title text: It's not hard when you have the same thought like 40 or 50 percent of the time.
Megan and Cueball are sitting quietly, engaged in their own solo pursuits. Without any preamble, Megan answers a question that has not been asked, pointing out to Cueball that he would not be able to obtain milk from her breasts right now, as she is not lactating. Cueball is flabbergasted that she seems to have read his mind, as this was exactly what he was wondering.
Megan, like any healthy adult female mammal, is capable of producing milk from her mammary glands. She does not need to be pregnant in order to lactate; some women are able to lactate before getting pregnant, but being pregnant will increase the chances of her being able to lactate.
The title text indicates that this is not proof of Megan's psychic powers, as Cueball seems quite obsessed with this particular topic, although, if you interpret it as a response to Cueball's thoughts in the last panel it could remain ambiguous.
- [Couple sitting opposed, Megan on couch reading book and Cueball a chair with a laptop.]
- Megan: The fact that I have breasts doesn't mean you could milk me now. I'd have to be lactating.
- [A beat passes.]
- [In the third panel, Megan's legs are not seen, probably tucked under the armchair to feel more secure.]
- Cueball (thinking): Oh my god she's psychic.
- Someone being mistakenly considered a psychic, while their statement is only by chance was already the punchline of 628: Psychic, 1.5 years earlier.
- Making random statements and surprising people in case they are true is also the setup in 525: I Know You're Listening and 2203: Prescience
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!