In this comic Randall has gone missing from the office, and his 'editors' have found only this panel from an unfinished project (of which Mr Munroe seems rather proud). The strip itself is rather intriguing; how did Janeane get on on the space station? How did she get the motorbike there? How is she on it, outside the space station? Why is she planning on fighting Tyrannosaurs (dinosaurs are a favorite topic of Munroe's) with only a dart gun? Why is the satellite crashing into a volcano in the first place? And, most importantly, WHERE IS THE REST OF THIS COMIC?!?!
The title text is written from the 'editors' perspective, expressing their extreme puzzlement - outshone only by Janeane Garofalo's confusion!
- Editor's note: Mr. Munroe has been missing for several days. We have recieved no submissions from him for some time, but we found this single panel on his desk in a folder labeled 'MY BEST IDEA EVER'. It is clearly part of a work in progress, but we have decided to post it in liey of a complete comic.
- [Janeane Garofalo on a motorbike, holding a pistol, on a satellite speeding through the atmosphere toward an erupting volcano]
- As the damaged space station fell deeper into the atmosphere and started to break up around her, Janeane Garofalo tightened her grip on the motorcycle.
- The volcano was looming ahead, and her tranquilizer pistol only had six darts left - barely enough to bring down even ONE Tyrannosaur.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!
Who is Janeane Garofalo? -- 126.96.36.199 (talk) (please sign your comments with ~~~~)
- A New York comedian. I've wikilinked her name. Mark Hurd (talk) 18:19, 10 April 2013 (UTC)
I think it should also be noted that this may be a parody of the Lemony Snickett's Series of Unfortunate Events books, where each book ends with some 'discovered' documents/evidence from the 'author' Snickett regarding the next title in the series. 188.8.131.52 06:04, 25 May 2013 (UTC)
I really wish this comic would be re-enacted... Greyson (talk) 06:45, 14 August 2013 (UTC)
Seems to me that making Richard Stallman very confused would be in keeping with the spirit of the comic. At least he didn't get a bobcat. 184.108.40.206 (talk) (please sign your comments with ~~~~)
- Ha +1 Spongebog (talk)
I wonder if the title should be read as 'fragMENT' as in 'to break up'... this is what Ms. Garofalo (herself a 'Comic') will soon be doing upon re-entry in such a scenario. Squirreltape (talk) 19:15, 24 February 2014 (UTC)
The explanation seems to miss something about this comic. It is a close call which is most ingruiging: how Ms Garafalo will manage to survive the re-entry of the space station, on her motorbike, with the very imminent danger of the volcano and the presumably lurking danger of multiple T-Rexes with barely enough ability to deal with one; or... how she got into the position of being on the outside of the space station, on a motorbike, the whole lot hurtling out of orbit towards a volcano and a foreseeable (re)encountering of T-Rexes for which she has equipped herself with a now dwindled supply of countermeasure ammunition... This could be the mere inconclusive fade-out at the end to the actual Best Ever story, perhaps providing a useful hook for a potential sequal (which will never be quite as good, statistically, even if it avoids being a Highlander II). 220.127.116.11 23:44, 12 August 2015 (UTC)