Title text: I guess if she accepted irrational realities, she'd hardly be my fantasy.
Cueball is fantasizing about Megan. However, the imaginary versions of himself and Megan quickly realize how impossible their relationship would be (although the reasons are left unstated) and so they decide to destroy the universe they are in. This leave's Cueball confused. Rather than allow Cueball's idle daydream to end romantically, they run rampant and bring his fantasy crashing to a halt.
The title text refers to the fact that Cueball would only appreciate a girl who refused an irrational reality, thus the fantasy is consistent with his personality.
- [Cueball sits hugging his knees.]
- Cueball: If only there were some way we could be together.
- [He fades into a thought bubble containing the next four panels.]
- [Cueball and Megan are lounging on a bed.]
- Megan: We're so lucky to have each other. How did it happen, anyway?
- Cueball: I, uh... I don't remember.
- Megan: No, really, how did we get together? It's hard to imagine it happening.
- Cueball: It does strain the bounds of fantasy...
- Megan: ...Fantasy? That's it!
- Megan: My God, it's the only explanation: We're objects in some transient fantasy. We'll be gone when it ends!
- Cueball: We'll lose each other.
- Megan: Oh God.
- [Megan leaps from the bed with a flaming torch.]
- Megan: Well, I'm not going out quietly. I'm burning this fucking world.
- Cueball: Burn the world!
- Megan: Fire! Fire! Cleanse this hellish place-
- [The thought ends.]
- Cueball (scratching his head): ??
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!