533: Laptop Hell
The Devil is greeting the new souls sentenced to Hell, and recognizes an executive from Fujitsu Ltd. The Devil singles her out and comments that she caused his favorite laptop, the Fujitsu Q2010, to be taken out of production. The Devil is displeased because he thought it was a good laptop, just poorly marketed. The executive is confused and asks the Devil why it is upset, as acts of evil are generally encouraged by the Devil. The Devil explains that Hell uses laptops as well and the need for laptops is greater than the need to encourage evil works. Though, it later confesses, Hell has an exclusive deal with Fujitsu competitor, Sony.
This comic is likely a wish fulfillment fantasy by Randall for the canceling of his favorite laptop, the Fujitsu Q2010. Likely Sony was chosen as the electronic distributor to hell because of the Sony rootkit scandal. This scandal inspired many to call Sony as an evil company.
Exclusivity deals are typically ill though off as they are bad for competition, and typically are forced upon somebody who have little negotiation power or who does not understand the deal they are entering into -- hence being able to convince the devil to enter an exclusivity deal with sony is a impressive feat by sony's sales team, and indicate that the smarter devil is a sony sales rep.
The title text explains that Randall's systems administrator is upset with him because he tested the systems administrators laptop by throwing it down several flights of steps. The systems admin is implied to have taken revenge childishly, by replacing part of the text with "DISREGARD THAT I SUCK COCKS"
The "suck cocks" part is a reference to a post in bash.org which went on to attain moderate fame.
- Devil: Welcome to Hell. Here's— Wait. I know you.
- Devil: You're the Fujitsu exec who killed the Q-series.
- Fujitsu Exec: ...Yes?
- Devil: The Q2010 was the perfect laptop!
- Devil: Powerful, durable, had every feature, and made the Air look bulky. And that was back in 2006!
- Fujitsu Exec: But no one bought it!
- Devil: Then you marketed it wrong!
- Fujitsu Exec: Wait. Don't you encourage evil acts down here?
- Devil: In theory, yes, but we need laptops too! Although it's moot, since we have an exclusive deal with Sony.
- Fujitsu Exec: I knew it!
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!