Title text: Please do not try any of this and die or get arrested.
Titan is the largest moon of Saturn. Icarus was a character in Greek mythology who is most famous for the fatal end of his flight, when the wax holding the wings together melted and he fell to his death in what became known as the Icarian Sea. In the original, this was because Icarus flew too close to the Sun; in this comic, Black Hat is bringing an artificial "sun" (the heat lamp) to "Icarus" to recreate the tragedy.
- Man: Titan's gravity is 14% of Earth's, and its atmosphere 50% denser.
- Man: So if you can generate 9% of your body weight in lift, you can fly on Titan.
- Man: With wings, a stage harness, a cable, and 91% of my bodyweight in in bricks, I want to test this.
- [There is a heap of materials on the ground. The man is holding a stage harness.]
- [Large diagram of a bridge. A rope leads through pulleys tied to the bridge. One end goes to the man, one end to a pile of bricks.]
- [The man is standing with wings attached to his arms.]
- [The man flaps the wings, and appears to be floating.]
- [The man glides.]
- Man: It works!
- Woman: Except you have two problems.
- Man: What?
- Woman: You used hot glue on your wing joints and you have friends into Greek mythology.
- Man: Huh?
- [Black Hat Guy is standing on the bridge, with a large lamp labeled 'heat lamp' attached to a battery.]
- [The wing segments fall off the man and he tumbles downward.]
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!