Title text: Hell if I know
The basis for this fairly simple xkcd comic is the subject riddle, which is properly answered, as given in the title text: "Hell if I know". When spoken, this "correct" answer sounds like "elefino" – a portmanteau of "elephant" and "rhino". This makes it again one of the early comics where Randall explains the comic via the title text.
Instead of giving the punchline of the joke, Randall answers with the unexpected "I haven't a goddamn clue", which, while having the same meaning, ruins the joke.
- Q: What do you get when you cross an Elephant with a Rhino?
- [Picture of elephant, mathematical addition symbol, picture of rhino, equals sign, large question mark.]
- A: I haven't a goddamn clue.
- This was the 32nd comic originally posted to LiveJournal.
- Original title: "Monday's Drawing - Elefino"
- There were no original Randall quote for this comic.
- This comic was posted on xkcd when the web site opened on Sunday the 1st of January 2006.
- It was posted along with all 41 comics posted before that on LiveJournal as well as a few others.
- The latter explaining why the numbers of these 41 LiveJournal comics ranges from 1-44.
- One of the original drawings drawn on checkered paper.
- In an episode of Muppets Tonight, with Sandra Bullock as the guest star, Seymour and Pepe were telling this joke to the Muppet audience, who totally did not understand it at all. The two comedians had tried to explain the joke, but still nobody understood it.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!