565: Security Question
Title text: Let's invite him to a party and play 'I never'. Okay, I never hid any bodies SOUTH of Main Street. ...he's taking a drink!
Security questions are sensitive questions that allow a user to retrieve or reset his password if the password is lost or stolen. Because of this powerful function, security questions should be treated just as seriously as passwords. Typical security questions include "What's your mother's maiden name?" or "What's your secondary school?" and are intended to be easy for the user to answer but hard for anyone else to answer.
In this comic, however, the security question is deployed in a strange way, as the question "Where are the bodies buried?" assumes that one had buried bodies, hence had killed someone. The question turns out to be a ploy by the police, who were trying to bait Cueball into confessing his crime, as well as revealing the location of the incriminating evidence.
"I never" is a drinking game that somebody says "I never did something" to the others. If you never did it, you don't need to drink, otherwise, drink. Since he takes a drink for "I never hid any bodies SOUTH of Main Street", the police have narrowed down the search area. The next statement in the game could be "I never hid any bodies WEST of Central Avenue" (or whatever road dividing the area), further localizing the bodies to a quarter of the original search area, in a Twenty Questions manner. Of course, by taking the drink Cueball also admits that he buried bodies, though this evidence would not likely be accepted by any court.
- [Cueball sits at a computer.]
- Computer Screen: -Email Account Setup- To verify your identity, we need to ask you a question nobody else could answer.
- Computer Screen: Q: Where are the bodies buried? A:
- [A text field is shown with "Behind the" typed.]
- [Cueball sits back and thinks.]
- [Three stick figures, two wearing police hats and one wearing headphones, watch another computer.]
- [The same text field is shown with "Behind the ... nice try." typed.]
- Figure in Headphones: Damn.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!