Title text: In the off-seasons, I hire an animal trainer to help confront secret agents with situations which they are unable to report by radio.
Another comic in the My Hobby series. This comic is making a play on the typical "secret agent" code phrases such as the one above or "The Eagle has landed." or "The cobra has struck." The word "eagle" is especially popular for code phrases, referring to craft containing a VIP. Randall says that his hobby is to follow field biologists around and interpreting everything they do as a code phrases. As they are only biologists doing their jobs and saying ordinary things.
The *KHHHKHT* noises that the character is making are imitations of the static sounds made when using a walkie-talkie or other radio devices.
The title text is saying that when the character in the comic is not following field biologists and saying code phrases, he is doing the reverse to secret agents. By hiring an animal trainer he can give them a situation they are unable to report, such as seeing an actual eagle land in front of them.
- [Ponytail is looking up into a tree, holding a clipboard in one hand and a radio in the other.]
- Ponytail: The eagle has left the nest.
- Off-Panel: *KHHHKHT* Roger that. Alert the agents. *KHKKHHKT*
- Ponytail: Will you stop that?
- [Caption below the panel:]
- My hobby: Following field biologists around and interpreting everything they say as code phrases.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!