Randall is giving reason number 58 why he should not have children. We see fictitious "father Cueball" talking about the Wikipedia entry for "List of fatal cougar attacks in North America". As stated, many of the victims were young children near their home.
If you tell a child about something dangerous, but without giving them necessary context to feel protected from it, you are likely to cause nightmares, sleeplessness, or other fear-related issues. In most, if not all, cases this would be considered bad parenting, hence a person who enjoys doing so should perhaps not have children.
The title text demonstrates that not only is Cueball sharing factual information, he is intentionally adding hypothetical detail (e.g. "yellow eyes glinting in your window") to make the danger seem even worse. The child is unlikely to agree that learning this is fun.
- [Cueball is sitting at a computer; a child is standing behind.]
- Cueball: Whoa, ever seen Wikipedia's list of people who were attacked and killed by cougars?
- Cueball: Crazy how many of them were kids who were just playing outside their houses.
- [Caption below the panel:]
- Reason #58 I should never have children: My love of learning and sharing knowledge about the world.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!