Title text: Dot Tumblr Dot Com, on the other hand, would be an awful name for a band, if only because of how hard it would be to direct people to your band's website.
The phrase that Cueball used to use when he heard a random phrase was "would be a good name for a band." With the advent of Tumblr, his go-to response has shifted because of the proliferation of Tumblr blogs with strange names such as "pissvortex", "hardpee", "iguanamouth", and "internetslug".
In the title text he muses on the fact that Dot Tumblr Dot Com would be an awful band name. There could be several reasons for this, but he mentions that it would be hard to direct fans to the band's website. As an example, someone who hears "www.thedottumblrdotcom.com" might instead write it out as "www.the.tumblr.com.com" since '.' is often pronounced as "dot." If the band's website was hosted on Tumblr, then their website would be "dottumblrdotcom.tumblr.com", but could be heard as ".tumblr.com.tumblr.com".
- [Megan and Cueball are talking.]
- Megan: You know those weird noises from my attic?
- Megan: Turns out some raccoons got in and were operating this, like, raccoon sex dungeon.
- Cueball: ...dot tumblr dot com.
- [Caption below the panel:]
- For me, "...Dot tumblr dot com" has been gradually replacing "...would be a good name for a band."
- Randall did register a tumblr page called "Raccoon Sex Dungeon" to coincide with this comic. He had already done the same with Wetriffs.com (archive here) to coincide with Megan registering that domain in 305: Rule 34. The Raccoon Sex Dungeon website should not be confused with the similarly named 'Racoon Sex Dungeon'.
Raccoons also feature in a disgusting situation in 1565: Back Seat.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!