Gullible means easily deceived or naïve. This is a game many people play with each other "Whoa, someone wrote 'gullible' in the sky!" "Did you know when you look at the Microsoft logo upside-down it looks like the word 'gullible'?" Those that are gullible have to check. Those that aren't, don't, in fact they will pointedly not do the thing that the first person has suggested (try to look at the Microsoft logo upside down, look up at the ceiling) as a show of how not-gullible they are.
- [Hat Guy is holding blood stained rags while woman is holding an equally bloody mop]
- Hat Guy: Okay, got the blood off the walls.
- Woman: I finished the floor
- Hat Guy: Good; he'll be home any—
- Hat Guy: Oh crap! We forgot to clean the ceiling!
- Woman: There's no time!
- Hat Guy: Wait, I'll handle it.
- [Man with briefcase enters the house]
- Hat Guy: Hi. Did you know "gullible" is written on your ceiling?
- Man: Hah. Yeah, right.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!
It could be a reference to the ASDF Videos... 220.127.116.11 12:31, 13 April 2014 (UTC)
- Eeeeeeeeeexcept that asdfmovie 2 (the one which includes the "it says gullible on the ceiling" sketch) was first uploaded in January 2010 ... a good 11 months after this comic was published. Given the style and timeline of the asdfmovie shorts, it's rather more likely that they were (as a whole!) inspired by xkcd, not the other way around... 18.104.22.168 15:45, 17 June 2014 (UTC)
Actually it's a really, really old practical joke. Note how cueball is clearly familiar with the gag and doesn't 'fall for it'. 22.214.171.124 15:30, 21 August 2014 (UTC)
- Actually, Blackhat actually says its an old joke.
I used Google News BEFORE it was clickbait (talk) 18:48, 30 January 2015 (UTC)
We learn later, in 1102: Fastest-Growing that Rob is Black Hat's roommate. So I propose changing this to "Rob" instead of "Cueball". See here. Djbrasier (talk) 13:31, 13 March 2015 (UTC)
- In Fastest-Growing we do not even see "Rob" so we do not even know if this is the Cueball Rob... Also just because Black-Hat nows a Rob in one comic this doesn't mean he is his room-mate. --Kynde (talk) 13:18, 15 March 2015 (UTC)
Changed "gaze" in the explanation to "glance", which makes more sense. -Pennpenn 126.96.36.199 04:21, 15 June 2015 (UTC)
Black Hat's words to Cueball give me the impression that Black Hat broke in (perhaps to murder Cueball's roommate?) and Cueball doesn't care. 188.8.131.52 09:16, 22 August 2017 (UTC)