Title text: 20 balloons float away while I'm busy permanently tying one to a tree to deal with it for good. Unfortunately, that one balloon was 'land a rocket on the moon in Kerbal Space Program.'
This comic appears to be a visual representation of the thought process of someone with Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD). Various of Cueball's thoughts or tasks that he must do are represented by balloons which are rising out of his reach. He holds the "math problem" balloon and grabs the "call mom" balloon, but notices "check oven" is rising out of his reach. He abandons the two balloons he holds to dive and grab the "check oven" balloon. Of course, this allows the other two to rise, presumably out of Cueball's reach, as the pullout reveals a plethora of other balloons already rising too high, some of which describe actions required to live, like a balloon marked "breathe" or "drink water".
This represents how someone with ADD quickly drops one task to take on another, only to jump to yet another task before that one is done; or alternatively, it represents how the person with ADD feels; that while they are focusing on one task, 20 others are getting away from them. The title text further reinforces this, noting that while committing to actually complete one task (represented by tying a balloon to a tree), 20 others floated away. The task he chose to complete is (as stereotypical for someone with ADD), a task that results in no necessary accomplishment — the task is to land a rocket on the moon (Mun) in Kerbal Space Program, a PC-based spaceflight simulator and video game. Additional humour comes from the fact that landing a rocket on the moon in Kerbal Space Program would require a lot of repetition through trial-and-error, making a long and involved task during which many other important tasks might be ignored normally.
- [Cueball is holding a balloon with "Math Problem" written on it. He is running to grab a balloon labeled "Call Mom" that is floating away.]
- [Cueball is now holding both balloons, but looks over his shoulder and sees a balloon that reads "Check Oven".]
- Cueball: !!
- [Cueball releases the balloons he had been holding and runs for the third.]
- [Cueball jumps for the "Check Oven" balloon and snatches it just before it is out of reach.]
- Cueball: Hah!
- [Full width panel showing 16 balloons floating away and one Cueball is holding. The balloons are of different sizes and color, labeled as follows from left to right.]
- Parking Meter
- Buy Soap
- Phone Call
- Beat Game
- Feed Cat
- Drink Water
- Call Mom
- Math Problem
- Send Card
- Check Oven (Cueball is holding this one still)
- Engine Light
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!