Title text: I built a model that combines local case rates and vaccination stats to estimate when it's reasonable to attend various types of party, but I forgot to include anything about where to find them.
This comic is another in a series of comics related to the COVID-19 pandemic, specifically regarding the COVID-19 vaccine.
Hooray, Cueball and Megan are finally fully vaccinated! This means that they are now able to socialize within society, as they are unafraid of being infected by COVID or spreading COVID to others.
However, the punchline lies in the fact that Cueball and Megan have never been good with social interactions, and are still unsure of how to do this.
The title text continues with this theme, as Cueball (or Megan?) is good at building mathematical models to know when it is safe to attend parties (and other large gatherings), but the issue remains that they are not commonly invited to these events, or are socially awkward when attending them.
- [Cueball is holding his phone up, looking at the bright screen (indicated with lines emanating from the screen). Megan stands next to him looking down at his phone.]
- Cueball: It's official: We're fully vaccinated.
- Megan: It doesn't feel real.
- [Cueball has put his phone away, and they are looking at each other.]
- Cueball: I can't wait to hang out with friends again.
- Megan: Seriously.
- [In a frame-less panel they are just standing next to each other, but looking away from each other.]
- [They look back at each other and continue the conversation.]
- Cueball: So, uh...how do we...
- Megan: I was hoping you knew.
- Cueball: I'm realizing now, I was hazy on this before the pandemic.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!
Do you get to encounter a lot of fit Vaccination Stats Models if you go to a Vaccination Stats Pool-Party? Asking for a Vaccination Stats Friend! 220.127.116.11 23:35, 7 May 2021 (UTC)
Possible reference to 2450. Though depends on what counts as a party. I'm anti-social enough that I being in a room of 2 would put me in a normal party-goer range 18.104.22.168 17:32, 9 May 2021 (UTC)
Does anyone else see six and ¼ lines of grey vertical lines and black crossed (clapping) hands icons in the middle of the explanation? These Are Not The Comments You Are Looking For (talk) 04:35, 10 May 2021 (UTC)