427: Bad Timing
Title text: Protip: Even without the red spiders, never have that conversation halfway through a balloon ride.
As the protip in the title text states, a break-up conversation while you are stranded in an inaccessible location is very poor manners. Also, the suggestion may be interpreted that breaking up in a hot air balloon is a very dangerous way to do it; the reaction may result in one or both parties falling out of the basket, or at least make the remainder of the flight very awkward.
This was the first comic to give a protip in the title text, but several have followed as can be seen in the protip category.
The full series of Red Spiders comics:
- 8: Red Spiders, the first one.
- 43: Red Spiders 2, in which the spiders begin building.
- 47: Counter-Red Spiders, in which the humans begin a counter-offensive.
- 126: Red Spiders Cometh, in which the spiders attack a city.
- 427: Bad Timing, this one.
- 442: xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel, in which it appears briefly in the 14th panel crawling over a cube.
- [Cueball and Megan, flying in a hot air balloon.]
- Cueball: I like you. I'm just not feeling the relationship.
- Cueball: I'm sorry.
- Cueball: It's just bad timing. Me with my classes, you with your work, the spiders...
- Megan: The what?
- [Red Spiders crowd onto balloon, causing it to fall. Cueball and Megan look panicked]
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!