Title text: DUCKLOOP'D?
The comic shows an elaborate plan. The mother and her ducklings will always walk in a line. The ducklings will either follow their mother, or the duckling in front of them.
Cueball scares the mother duck, so she starts running away, her children following her in a line. Then Megan snatches the mother duck, leaving the first duckling to start following the last duckling, causing the ducklings to walk in a loop. Hence the caption at the end - "Operation: Duckling Loop." However, eventually the ducklings will probably realize something has gone wrong, and break the loop.
This behavior occurs naturally in real life with creatures that are less smart than ducks, such as sheep and ants (the phenomenon is called an ant mill).
- [A mother duck and her six ducklings.]
- [Cueball is in front of the line of ducks, and Megan is behind.]
- Megan: Ready?
- Cueball: Ready.
- [The duck and ducklings move.]
- Cueball: ROAR! BOO!
- [The mother duck is frightened, and turns back. Her six children follow.]
- [Megan snatches the mother duck with a yoink.]
- Duck: QUACK!
- [The six ducklings are now trapped in a circle of sorts.]
- OPERATION: DUCKLING LOOP
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!