47: Counter-Red Spiders
Revision as of 18:33, 23 May 2022 by Xray Kilo Charlie Delta (talk | contribs) (Reverted vandalism with User:CRLF/OneClickUndo.js)
Title text: I hope we can stop them
In previous comics, red spiders are seen navigating similar landscapes. Here, humanoid stick figures are standing on top of each other to reach some place above the top of the comic, in a similar manner to how the red spiders navigate. These stick figures must be extremely light, or gravity must be really weak there, because it is extremely unlikely or even impossible to have a stack of humans that tall.
The full series of Red Spiders comics:
- 8: Red Spiders, the first one.
- 43: Red Spiders 2, in which the spiders begin building.
- 47: Counter-Red Spiders, this one.
- 126: Red Spiders Cometh, in which the spiders attack a city.
- 427: Bad Timing, in which, in a style more typical to xkcd, the spiders attack a couple in the middle of a serious relationship discussion in a hot-air balloon.
- 442: xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel, in which it appears briefly in the 14th panel crawling over a cube.
- [A stack of stick figures, standing on each others shoulders, extends from the bottom of the frame to the top. Cuboids hang in the air.]
- The counter-red-spider offensive begins...
- This was the 44th comic originally posted to LiveJournal.
- The previous was 46: Secrets.
- The next was 48: Found.
- Original title: "Drawing: Counter-Red Spiders"
- Original Randall quote: "They must be stopped."
- The links pointing to the first two Red Spiders comics.
- This comic was one of the last 11 comics posted on LiveJournal.
- These 11 comics were posted both on LiveJournal and xkcd after the xkcd site opened on the 1st of January 2006.
- This comic was posted on the same day on both sites.
- They were not all posted on the same day though.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!
Any reason there is a "th" in the date? --Quicksilver (talk) 15:29, 25 August 2013 (UTC)
I wish people where identical in mass to as they are in this comic but still the same size... climbing arround effortlessly would be awsome...--TheTimeBandit (talk) 21:24, 30 October 2017 (UTC)