Title text: Oh, yeah, we get tons of them at these casual sex bars.
At a bar, Cueball uses what appears to be a common cheesy pick-up line: "So, how do you like your eggs in the morning?" — implying that he will be the one cooking them, because they will still be together in the morning, after they spent the night having sex.
For women who do not appreciate such paltry attempts at soliciting sexual intercourse, a sardonic counter-response to the pick-up line is "unfertilized," which switches the meaning of "eggs" from chicken eggs to female gametes, expressing the sentiment that they do not wish to have sex. However, in this scenario, it turns out Cueball is not actually trying to solicit sex from Megan at all, but is just interested in setting up jokes. Megan's desire for actual casual sex therefore subverts his plan for comedy. He politely declines her offer and tries instead with a different joke using the classic snowclone priest and rabbi setup.
The title text continues the conversation, where Megan reveals that the bar is actually a "casual sex bar" and further suggests that priests and rabbis do in fact come to the bar frequently. This is in contrast to real life, where women in bars are generally not interested in casual sex, and such bars would probably not be frequented by religious leaders.
- [Megan sits at a bar; Beret Guy cleans a glass from behind the counter. Cueball approaches.]
- Cueball: So, how do you like your eggs in the morning?
- [Closeup on Megan.]
- Megan: Ooh, sunny side up.
- Cueball [off-panel]: Oh. Huh.
- [Wide shot with Beret Guy, Megan, and Cueball again.]
- Megan: Is that a problem?
- Cueball: Well, it's just that I was trying to set you up for the "unfertilized" line.
- [Only Megan and Cueball are shown, with Cueball standing farther away from Megan.]
- Megan: Ah. Bad timing; I'm actually looking for casual sex.
- Megan: ...Interested?
- Cueball: I'd love to, but I've got like 20 more jokes to set up tonight. Hey, have you seen a priest and a rabbi?
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!