| || |
|−|Gullible means easily deceived or naïve. This is a game many people play with each other "Whoa, someone wrote 'gullible' in the sky!" "Did you know when you look at the Microsoft logo upside-down it looks like the word 'gullible'?" Those that are gullible check. Those that aren't, don't. In fact they will pointedly not do the thing that the first person has suggested as a show of how non-gullible they are. [[ Black Hat]] uses this to his advantage to cover up copious bloodstains on a ceiling. |+|
are the that has a of [].
| || |
|−|The story in this comic may be a continuation of [[ 515: No One Must Know]]. |+|
| || |
The title text is hinting that
Randall has had to cover up killing people several times , which is ( hopefully) a joke. |+|
The title text is hinting that has had to cover up killing people several times ()
| || |
Revision as of 17:24, 10 March 2015
Black Hat and Danish are trying to clean up the mess that their bloody murder has left. This story may thus be a continuation of 515: No One Must Know.
Another guy, Cueball, is on his way home and is about to arrive just when are finishing the clean up. But then Black Hat realizes that the ceiling has also been stained (by the violent murder...) And now they do not have time to fix it in time.
But Black Hat nows how to deal with the situation, and when Cueball comes home, he says Did you know "gullible" is written on your ceiling.
Gullible means easily deceived or naive. This is a game many people play with each other "Whoa, someone wrote 'gullible' in the sky!" "Did you know when you look at the Microsoft logo upside-down it looks like the word 'gullible'?" Those that are gullible check. Those that aren't, don't. In fact they will pointedly not do the thing that the first person has suggested as a show of how non-gullible they are. Black Hat uses this to his advantage to cover up the copious bloodstains on the ceiling and as expected Cueball just says Hah. Yeah, right and refuses to even gaze at the ceiling.
The title text is hinting that Black Hat has had to cover up killing people several times as this trick has saved him many times. Of course there could also be other things than blood that he had to hide (the money he just stole etc.)
- [Black Hat is holding blood stained rags while Danish is holding an equally bloody mop.]
- Black Hat: Okay, got the blood off the walls.
- Danish: I finished the floor.
- Black Hat: Good; he'll be home any-
- Black Hat: Oh crap! We forgot to clean the ceiling!
- Danish: There's no time!
- Black Hat: Wait, I'll handle it.
- [Cueball with briefcase enters the house.]
- Black Hat: Hi. Did you know "gullible" is written on your ceiling?
- Cueball: Hah. Yeah, right.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!
It could be a reference to the ASDF Videos... 184.108.40.206 12:31, 13 April 2014 (UTC)
- Eeeeeeeeeexcept that asdfmovie 2 (the one which includes the "it says gullible on the ceiling" sketch) was first uploaded in January 2010 ... a good 11 months after this comic was published. Given the style and timeline of the asdfmovie shorts, it's rather more likely that they were (as a whole!) inspired by xkcd, not the other way around... 220.127.116.11 15:45, 17 June 2014 (UTC)
Actually it's a really, really old practical joke. Note how cueball is clearly familiar with the gag and doesn't 'fall for it'. 18.104.22.168 15:30, 21 August 2014 (UTC)
- Actually, Blackhat actually says its an old joke.
I used Google News BEFORE it was clickbait (talk) 18:48, 30 January 2015 (UTC)
We learn later, in 1102: Fastest-Growing that Rob is Black Hat's roommate. So I propose changing this to "Rob" instead of "Cueball". See here. Djbrasier (talk) 13:31, 13 March 2015 (UTC)
- In Fastest-Growing we do not even see "Rob" so we do not even know if this is the Cueball Rob... Also just because Black-Hat nows a Rob in one comic this doesn't mean he is his room-mate. --Kynde (talk) 13:18, 15 March 2015 (UTC)
Changed "gaze" in the explanation to "glance", which makes more sense. -Pennpenn 22.214.171.124 04:21, 15 June 2015 (UTC)
Black Hat's words to Cueball give me the impression that Black Hat broke in (perhaps to murder Cueball's roommate?) and Cueball doesn't care. 126.96.36.199 09:16, 22 August 2017 (UTC)