517: Marshmallow Gun
Title text: Except in reality crossing a stream of marshmallows would create a giant Bill Murray.
Cueball has obtained a gun that shoots marshmallows and promptly decides to shoot at Megan. Having taken the first few hits without much reaction she sighs and then brings out the super soaker, which was first used on her in 220: Philosophy, and soaks him with it.
The next day, everyone has such guns and starts shooting marshmallows at each other. We see Beret Guy and Megan who confront Cueball, saying Hey, noob! Eat Stay-Puft®! This is like saying eat lead when threatening someone with a regular gun, since Stay Puft is a fictional brand of marshmallows from the Ghostbusters movie. These statements and many like them appear in many first person shooter games with chat.
Beret Guy realizes that the "streams" of marshmallows are about to cross, and shouts a warning, but it is too late and they cross anyway. This results in something gigantic appearing with a Foom off-screen. It roars at the three friends. Megan looks up and states that this is bad as the giant shouts You're shooting what? Presumably the crossing marshmallows beams have recreated the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man from Ghostbusters. In the movie, crossing the ghost-capturing streams from the Proton packs was "bad". But in the end, in which an ancient spirit took the form of this giant Marshmallow Man, the monster was destroyed as a side effect of crossing the streams. The Stay-Puft man sees what they are shooting and is justifiably upset.
The title text is a further Ghostbusters reference, as Bill Murray was one of the actors in the movie. Since the crossing of the streams of the proton packs by Bill Murray and the other Ghostbusters is related to the creation of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man in the movie, the crossing of the marshmallow streams in the comic does the opposite and summons an enormous Bill Murray.
- [A box above the first frame:]
- I got this gun that shoots marshmallows.
- [Cueball removes the red marshmallow gun from a box.]
- [Cueball shoots at Megan with marshmallow gun from offscreen.]
- Pop pop pop
- Whap whap whap
- [Megan facepalms.]
- Megan: Sigh.
- [Megan removes a super soaker from desk drawer.]
- Pop pop
- [Megan shoots Cueball (offscreen) with the super soaker.]
- Cueball (offscreen): Augh!
- Cueball (offscreen): Man, I forgot that was there.
- [A box above the first frame of the second part of the comic:]
- The next day, everyone else got them too.
- [Megan and Beret Guy brandish marshmallow guns.]
- Megan: Hey, noob! Eat Stay-Puft®!
- [Megan shoots a marshmallow gun.]
- Pop pop pop
- [Cueball shoots a marshmallow gun.]
- Poppop pop
- [Megan and Cueball shoot marshmallows into the air, crossing the streams.]
- Beret Guy (offscreen): No! Don't cross the—
- [Between the last two frames is a wide gap with the following text:]
- Giant monster (offscreen): Roaaar!
- [Megan, Cueball, and Beret Guy are all standing with weapons pointed at the ground looking up.]
- Megan: Okay, this is bad.
- Giant monster (offscreen): You're shooting what?
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!