Title text: And the possibility of lucid dreaming just makes it that much more fascinating.
Cueball on the right is talking to his (Cueball-like) friend about dreaming but using words and phrases to make dreaming sound much more dramatic than we usually think that it is. However, the description is technically correct.
Randall is using the comic to make a point about how we think dreaming is so normal, but if we actually realize what's happening, dreaming is very strange:
- go comatose for a few hours = sleep for a few hours
- hallucinate vividly = dream
- suffer amnesia about the whole experience = forget the dream
The character on the left takes this as though the experience is normal. Which it indeed is, but that is why Randall has the caption above the guys: Sometimes it seems bizarre to me that we take dreaming in stride.
- [Two Cueball-like guys are talking. Above them are the following caption:]
- Sometimes it seems bizarre to me that we take dreaming in stride.
- Friend: Are you coming to dinner?
- Cueball: Yeah, but first I'm gonna go comatose for a few hours, hallucinate vividly, and then maybe suffer amnesia about the whole experience.
- Friend: Okay, Cool.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!