823: Guest Week: David Troupes (Buttercup Festival)
|Guest Week: David Troupes (Buttercup Festival)|
Title text: Guest comic by David Troupes of Buttercup Festival, who is living in that lovely tree outside your window.
This comic is a commentary on relationships. Megan is perfectly happy sitting on the moon (which is impossible) with Cueball, the person she loves. Cueball, however, has his experience ruined when he notices a former bully of his passing by below. After hitting the bully with a rock that he shoots from the moon with his slingshot, he can share in Megan's happiness. (This is practically impossible as well. To start, the rock would most likely fall back down unless Cueball could throw it at escape velocity, but the precision required for such a throw would be extreme, and he would need to account for the movement of the Earth and Moon, as well as the Earth's rotation.)
Guest Week was a series of five comics written by five other comic authors. They were released over five consecutive days (Monday-Friday); not over the usual Monday/Wednesday/Friday schedule.
The five comics are:
- 822: Guest Week: Jeph Jacques (Questionable Content)
- 823: Guest Week: David Troupes (Buttercup Festival)
- 824: Guest Week: Bill Amend (FoxTrot)
- 825: Guest Week: Jeffrey Rowland (Overcompensating)
- 826: Guest Week: Zach Weiner (SMBC)
- [Megan and Cueball are leaning against each other, sitting on top of a giant moon in a black, star dotted sky. Trees are visible on the bottom of the panel.]
- [The scene broadens.]
- Megan: I've never been so happy. I—
- Cueball: Hold on—that guy used to dump my notebooks in high school. Give me a moment. Try to keep the moon steady.
- [A rock hits a Cueball on the ground on the back of the head.]
- [The guy falls and clutches the back of his head.]
- [Back to the moon again, where Cueball is leaning his head against Megan while holding a slingshot.]
- Cueball: I've never been so happy.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!