An image of Knit Cap from 1112: Think Logically
|First appearance||1037: Umwelt|
In 1112: Think Logically, for example, Knit Cap is depicted as typical 'nerd'
Knit Cap is one of the two main characters in the interactive comic 1350: Lorenz, in which the general consensus was the Knit Cap was a woman. In most other comics Knit Cap is seen as a man. This was also the first comic where there was a big part for this character and in that comic she was called Knit Cap Girl. Here below is what was once noted on Lorenz explanation about this character and the type of hat
Knit Cap Girl
Knit Cap Girl was a completely new character in 1350: Lorenz wearing a knit cap. It was at first debated if this was a girl or a boy, but since Knit Cap Girl seems to be together with Hairy that was reason enough to call her a girl. She has some similarities to Megan with a Knit Cap but since Megan never before has been shown with a knit cap or been together as a pair with Hairy it would be strange if this should represent Megan. (Hairy has some bad reputation in trying to fool girls to fall for him. Perhaps he has finally found out how to be with a woman; although they seem to fight in this comic some times.)
Other comics with knit caps
- Before Lorenz :
- A guy with a knit cap can be seen in 1037: Umwelt in the aurora story line.
- A guy with knit cap can be seen on a boat in 1110: Click and Drag.
- A guy looking very similar to Knit Cap Girl, even starting in the same position in front of a laptop, can be seen in 1112: Think Logically.
- He is described as guy in a knit hat in the official transcript.
- Randall's wife is depicted with a knit cap in 1141: Two Years, one she uses due to chemotherapy treatments causing her to lose her hair.
- Since it is clear that Knit Cap Girl has hair, she does not wear the cap for that reason.
- It is described as ...the woman (who is wearing a knit cap)... in the official transcript.
- In the Lorenz comic the knit cap is not mentioned in the official transcript, but it is also mainly describing the functionality of the comic.
- Two guys wear knit caps in 1321: Cold.
- They are called winter hats in the official transcript.
- After Lorenz:
- One of the user pictures for the April fools' comic the year after, 1506: xkcloud, also looked like Knit Cap Girl.
- Another user picture with a person wearing a knit cap can be seen in 1689: My Friend Catherine
- At the top of the huge chart in 1732: Earth Temperature Timeline a guy with a white knit cap similar to the one in 1321: Cold is freezing.
- What appears to be a guy in a knit cap is out watching birds with Cueball in 1826: Birdwatching.
- The "You" option in 2198: Throw, which can be both thrower and thrown has a knit cap. It can also be customized and in the new window coming up, the knit cap You is also shown. At first glance it may look like a man, but given the look of Knit Cap Girl, it could also represent a woman, which may be the idea, since it should represent the reader.
- The character at the top of the mountain in 2199: Cryptic Wifi Networks has a knit cap. That was two comics in a row.
Other names for knit caps
- The knit caps that appeared in 1190: Time are traditionally referred to as "beanies"; by extension, the people wearing them are known as "Beanies" (and their language as "Beanish").
- Skullcap or skully.
- Obviously knit cap is the name that fits best with the three different official transcripts versions mentioned above.